Thursday, September 10, 2009

a public affair


Please view the recognition given to this project by way of Nest, a nonprofit organization that empowers female artists and artisans around the world. Thanks Nest!

Now that I am back in the good-ole US of A, I haven't forgotten the spirited and talented people that became my family for the past two years. Through the partnership I built with the local NGO in the realization of this center, I hope to continue to focus on strengthening their programs of fostering cultural and technical exchanges. In time, I hope to create a volunteer exchange program which invites university art students to discover the talents of trades people in West Africa while sharing thier skills and inspirations, fostering discovery, growth and self-promotion of both parties. Please feel free to contact this post if you have any words of wisdom to offer. Unfortunatly this may take time as I need to focus my attention on finding financial security in the real working world. To be continued...

More coming soon on the development of the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment